We are on a journey to create a culture of inclusion, diversity and equity where differences are welcomed, celebrated and appreciated, and everyone is supported to reach their potential.
We aim to connect with the communities in which we live and work and improve our social impact. We will ensure that all people in our supply chains are treated fairly and are free of modern slavery. We will actively support the development of the opportunities and careers for women in construction, recognising and making opportunities available to all.
Diversity and Inclusion
We will embrace and involve all people, irrespective of race, gender, ability and experience, to build a diverse and equal workforce representative of local communities.
Our priorities include:
- To review our employer brand to ensure it is an inclusive offering to all
- Widening the ethnic diversity across the business
- Increase female participation and representation at the senior levels of our business
Learning, Development and Early Careers
We will build skills for the future and foster a culture of high performance by:
- Developing and implementing a learning, development and talent succession plan
- Creating opportunity for people in local communities, particularly young people
We believe in the importance of nurturing our people and empowering them to develop their careers. We have invested in training and development opportunities, through bespoke courses and partnering with accredited training providers to offer a variety of apprenticeship opportunities across all of our teams.
Outside of external training and qualifications, we foster an environment of coaching and mentoring. Over 30% of our people have been with Taylor Maxwell for over 10 years, with a staggering 16% having been with us for over 30 years! It is this knowledge and experience we encourage our people to pass down to new members of our team.
We want our employees to enjoy coming to work and feel engaged and motivated so they do their best everyday.
- We will aim for ‘excellent’ levels of staff engagement, continuously listening and measuring
We care about the wellbeing of our people
We will develop a wellbeing programme with a focus on:
- Physical and mental health
- A good working environment
- Work-life balance
- Social relationships
- Personal growth
- Financial wellbeing and support
We have already developed a network of 16 mental health first aiders across the UK who have completed accredited MHFA England training.
We also offer a free and confidential employee assistance programme, providing access to professionally qualified counsellors and information specialists. We also encourage healthier living options through the cycle to work scheme, gym discounts and access to a supportive health and wellbeing app.
Health and Safety
We will create a safe and healthy workplace where safety first is a way of life by:
- Training all employees
- Creating safe systems of work and supportive “speak up” environments
- Striving for zero recordable injuries
We will empower and inspire our people to connect with local communities and act to make a difference to other people and the planet
Our First Year of ESG Achievements
- Completed DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion) and gender pay gap analysis
- Begun our roll out of modern slavery training
- Begun a review of all reward and recognition policies
- Relaunched our cycle to work scheme
- Inspired our teams to take action personally to raise money and volunteer
Our Sustainability Champions
Changing the way we do business will require everyone at Taylor Maxwell to be involved in some way.
- We’ve run sustainability workshops with all our 200 employees
- We have fantastic levels of engagement and enthusiasm
- We’ve established a team of over 30 volunteer ‘sustainability champions’ who will take a lead to help improve our environmental performance and social impact
We’re already seeing amazing change happening!