Taylor Maxwell & Co Ltd was founded by Mr E. Maxwell and Mr. R. Taylor in 1959 and commenced operations merchanting bricks and timber from offices in Bristol.
The first branch outside of Bristol was opened in 1964, situated in Liverpool and now Taylor Maxwell has 18 locations nationwide. Although still remaining within the group, in 1977 the brick and timber operations were separated and Taylor Maxwell Timber Ltd was formed.
Each office offers a specialist service to the construction facade and timber sectors. Growth has been achieved both organically and by acquisition, adding many more companies, including the Timber Marketing Corporation in 1978 and Vobster Cast Stone Company in 2002.
The Taylor Maxwell Group Head Office has always been located in Bristol and our turnover now exceeds £200m. In 2017 we were placed at number 37 in the 19th annual Sunday Times Profit Track 100.
The most recent addition to our operations is a new product showroom at the Hop Exchange, located next to Borough Market in London SE1.