Do you want to work with us?
If you would like to be considered for a job with our team, please select the desired role from our current vacancy list and upload your CV and covering letter via the application form below.
Taylor Maxwell & Co Ltd is accredited by the Equality Accreditation Service and promotes equal opportunities and fair treatment in every aspect of our business.
Regional Manager, Birmingham
Manage designated sales staff and sell agreed products from the company’s product portfolio to architects, developers and contractors.
- Manage and support designated members of the external sales team and pre-order staff.
- Monitor the branch profitability and performance against agreed targets.
- Assist with all branch recruitment.
- Assist with training and development of new recruits and under performers.
- Support company’s marketing policy.
- Liaise with Regional Customer Service Manager on post-order queries/issues.
- Monitor branch accounts with Credit Control and ensure action taken.
- Assist branch personnel with any dispute and financial claims.
- Manage local relationships with all key suppliers including the setting and management of annual targets.
- Review KPI performance of external sales team and action agreed targets.
- Monitor branch brick allocations and performance.
- Maintain and develop personal customer relationships.
- Exceed personal annual Bonus Target and conform to Sales Performance Management Procedure.
- Ensure all personal customer and supplier project databases are updated by due date.
- Carry out annual appraisals with all members of staff reporting directly to you.
- Any other duty deemed by the directors to be in the interest of the team in achieving its objectives.
- Proven construction facades sales experience within the Midlands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good IT skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- A good understanding of accounts, credit limit management and finance.
- A positive “can-do” attitude and flexible approach.
- Over 5 years’ experience in construction facades selling.
- Proven problem-solving ability in the construction industry.
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- An understanding of and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Sales management skills.
Senior Sales Executive, Horsham
Sell agreed product range to existing and new customer base.
- Generate new and manage existing business within a defined area.
- Be proactive to develop relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Embrace the companies culture and values.
- Manage a customer database.
- Support and aid the development of marketing department.
- Assist Credit Control to manage customer accounts within company procedures.
- Comply with company CRM and KPI structures.
- Achieve agreed income targets.
- Any other duty deemed by the directors to be in the interest of the team in achieving its objective.
- Proven sales experience
- Full clean driving licence.
- Good ability in Windows PC environment including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Have an innovative and creative approach to business.
- Timber sales experience.
- New business creation.
HR Administrator / Apprentice, Bristol
An entry level role into HR. Responsible for the administration of the Human Resources department, as well as fulfilling administrative duties for the company and its directors when required. Responsible for ensuring a high level of accuracy and confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Update and maintain HR databases and employee records (ensure DPA/GDPR compliance)
- Organise training dates and maintain company training records
- Update and maintain appraisal records and raise any requested training or issues with equipment, workstation or DSE
- Maintain absence records and obtain and update HR databases with self-certification forms and fit notes
- Obtain annual licence check forms and run DVLA licence checks for all sales staff
- Send out reminders to company-owned car drivers of MOT due dates and obtain copy of certificate to update records accordingly
- Process new employee’s record and upload relevant documentation
- Liaise with managers and employees to obtain HR forms and documentation
- Create various staff memos such as long service and wedding gifts
- Respond to and action HR system queries such as password reset requests
- Post pensioners monthly workplace pension payslips
- Issue pension providers updated information such as changes of employee’s addresses and updated notification of beneficiaries forms
- Complete reference requests with standard form letter
- Obtain quotes and co-ordinate the renewal of company owned vehicles breakdown cover
- Obtain CSCS card renewals
- Inform managers of significant staff birthdays and long service anniversaries
- Maintain recruitment files and external agency records
- Answering and feeding telephone line and address queries accordingly
- Post collection and distribution for the office. Organise franking/stamps and post collection
- Assist in covering front of house duties when required due to absence (e.g. answer marketing/sales enquiries, take deliveries and greet visitors)
- Any other duty deemed by the directors to be in the interest of the team in achieving its objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Confident in gathering data and making financial calculations
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A keen interest in working with people and developing a career within HR
- Experience of working within an office environment
- Experience of working as a HR Administrator/Administrative Assistant
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Funded training to develop HR skills and qualifications
- Annual bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
5.30pm to 8.30pm, Monday to Friday
Fulfil cleaning duties within to the company’s head office in Clifton.
The cleaning duties are shared between two cleaners and the work is divided into two areas of the building. One person is responsible for each area and this alternates weekly.
- Cleaning of changing room showers and toilets
- Vacuum of carpets and flooring in all areas
- Cleaning of office toilets, surrounding areas and wipe down of sinks, tiles and mirrors
- Mopping of kitchen and toilet floors
- Collection of cups, glasses at desks and clear crockery from meeting rooms. Wash up, dry and stow away in kitchen cupboards
- Wipe down of microwave in kitchen areas
- Wipe down of kitchen surfaces, cupboards and microwave
- Emptying of all refuse bins and replace liner, ensuring bins are clean
- Wipe down / clean table and chairs in meeting rooms
- Wipe clean desk space, cupboards and shelves
- Deep clean tiles and grouting in kitchens, changing room showers and toilets
- Dust skirting boards, window ledges and doors
- Dust high reach areas i.e. door frames with feather duster
- Dust high reach areas and tops of door frames in kitchen areas